Tuesday mornings - no experience needed! We make and tie quilts for Lutheran World Relief and for local families in need.
Al - Anon
Wednesdays at noon - for family members and friends of those struggling with addictions.
Second Harvest Food Distributions
Four times a year, we bring in a truck and distribute thousands of pounds of food to those in need. Many hands are needed!
Annual youth mission trip to Seattle
Youth Servant Adventures in the Silver Valley of Idaho
All Ages - Mission trip to Haiti (April 2016)
Community Day Camp
Each summer, we sponsor a Day Camp for the children of our community, bringing in staff from Camp Lutherhaven to work with volunteers from the church. It is a joy to see so many kids share in this faith-filled week of fun!
Thrivent Action Teams
All Thrivent members can form two "Action Teams" a year, and receive $250 from Thrivent towards any volunteer community service project with which you are involved. Go to Thrivent.com and login to apply for an "Action Team" for the service project that is your passion!
Our church also partners with local agencies to serve those in need. We provide regular financial and other support for:
- Newport Food Bank, Oldtown Food Bank, Priest River Food Bank & Cusick Food Bank
- Family Crisis Network of Newport (serving victims of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault and other crimes as well as serving the Homeless)
- Rural Resources of Newport (providing local support for the elderly and others in need)
- The Village at Orchard Ridge in Coeur d'Alene (providing quality senior housing, assisted living & memory care for low income seniors)
- Lutheran Community Services in Spokane (providing services for victims of physical, sexual, and emotional abuse)
- The Good Samaritan Fund (providing prescriptions for local neighbors in need)
- ELCA World Hunger
- Lutheran World Relief